The Company was formed after the first ton of oil was explored from the Ozek-Suat well on the Zaterechnaya Plain on July 23, 1953.
The history of Stavropolneftegaz has been tracing its origin from November 11, 1955, when in accordance with the USSR Ministry of Oil Industry Order together with the Order of Grozneft association, the Novogrozny Oilfield Headquarter was organized with location nearby Ozek-Suat well in the Achikulaksky district of the Grozny region.
On December 16, 1955, for the first time, oil from Zaterechnaya Plain went to Grozny Refinery Plant through 200-kilometer pipeline.
In February 1956, Novogrozny drilling office was organized as part of Novogrozny Oilfield Headquarter.
n 1966 the high-pressure compressor station No.1 was put into operation. For the first time in the country, experimental-industrial high-pressure gas processing started.
In 1973 the seven-millionth milestone in oil production was reached: 7.06 million tons were obtained with the plan of 7 million tons.
In 1974 the annual oil production with the plan of 7.120 thousand tons reached the maximum — 7.151,230 tons. In December 1974 the maximum average daily production was reached — 20.000 tons.
On October 25, 2005 Rosneft Corporate Resolution crated RN Stavropolneftegaz LLC – a subsidiary Company which began its activities since November 9 of the same year.
On June 07, 2021 RN Stavropolneftegaz LLC was transferred from Rosneft to CGC Holding LLC. The Company was renamed into Stavropolneftegaz LLC.